ARTICLE I: OF THE NAME
The name of the association shall be “Club Argentino”.
ARTICLE II: OF THE PURPOSE
1. To promote communication, friendship and academic exchange among its members, other members of the MIT community and the Argentine community of New England.
2. To conduct social events aimed at bringing together members of MIT who share an interest in the Argentine culture.
3. To provide support for incoming Argentines to meet and adjust to life in the US.
ARTICLE III: OF THE MEMBERSHIP
1. Any member of the MIT community with an interest in the Argentine culture, who requests to be added to the Club Argentino mailing list and submits a minimum set of information as determined by the Club Argentino is eligible to become a member of this organization.
2. This organization will adhere to the policies listed in MIT’s Non-Discrimination Statement.
ARTICLE IV: OF THE STRUCTURE
1.This organization will have four officers:
1. The President shall be the official representative of the group to any other organization and to MIT.
2. The President will preside over all meetings.
3. The President is responsible for scheduling meetings and for publicizing them to the group.
1. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the finances of the group.
2. The Treasurer is required to sign all checks and vouchers for or from the group.
3. The Treasurer and the president positions cannot be filled by the same person.
1. The Secretary shall be responsible for ensuring that the Club Argentino members are well informed of all activities and issues.
2. The Secretary shall record the minutes of the meetings and shall publisize the decisions of those meetings.
1. The Webmaster will be in charge of the group web page and e-mail lists.
1. Only Argentine MIT students shall be eligible to serve as president, treasurer and secretary of the Club Argentino.
2. The terms of office run from June 1st till May 30th.
3. Elections of officers shall occur annually on February or March..
4. A majority of the votes cast is necessary to be elected to office.
5. If more than two people are running for the same office and no one wins a majority, then votes are recast in a ballot including only the candidates tied top candidates. If this results in a new tie, the office will be decided by the flip of a coin or similar procedure.
6. Election date shall be publicized one week in advance via the mailing list of the Club Argentino.
3. Removal: Officers may be removed by a two thirds vote of the members. A quorum of two thirds of the membership must be present for the vote to be valid. If quorum is not obtained, officers can be removed by a two thirds vote of the officers. Again, a quorum of two thirds of the officers must be present for the vote.
ARTICLE V: MEETINGS
1. Meetings shall be held at least once in the Fall Term (September 1st to December 16th) and once in the Spring Term (February 1st to May 20th).
2. Meetings shall be presided over by the President. If he/she is absent, the Secretary shall preside. If both are absent, the Treasurer will preside.
3. All decisions shall be made by a majority vote of all members present.
4. Quorum for a meeting shall be two thirds of the officers of the organization.
ARTICLE VI: AMENDMENTS
1. Amendments shall be presented by any member of the organization.
2. Amendments shall be passed by a two thirds vote of the members present at an official meeting.
3. Amendments should be publicized for at least one week prior to the meeting in which the amendment will be voted.
ARTICLE VII: RATIFICATION
1. This constitution shall supersede all previous constitutions of the Club Argentino.
2. This constitution shall be ratified upon acceptance by two thirds of the members present at a meeting of the Club Argentino.
3. Upon ratification, this constitution shall go into effect immediately.
ARTICLE VIII: ASA GOD CLAUSE
The Club Argentino agrees to abide by the rules and regulations of the Association of Student Activities and its executive board. This constitution, amendments to it, and the by-laws of this organization shall be subject to review by the ASA Executive Board to insure that they are in accordance with the aforementioned rules and regulations.
This constitution was ratified and went into effect on February 24th, 2002